Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order some replacement vinyl. What should I use to glue this stuff on? Any tricks of the trade I should know about before I attempt this project?

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
I,m no expert but I used regular upholstery adheasive. Worked fine.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
I went to Joanne Fabric and picked up fabric and adhesive that is good for fabric & metal. Do a search on this topic - we have discussed this in previous threads.

PS Be careful - I went back the next day after replacing the SS trim and the windshield was cracked. Typical project goes from $10 to $250 in a heartbeat. LOL

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have the vinyl yet, but did you have to do any fancy folding or cutting to get the corners to tuck in?

Do a search on this topic - we have discussed this in previous threads
I did thats how I learned about legendary auto interiors to get teh vinyl.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Its pretty easy - You will need to cut into the corners at a 45 deg angle to help fold around curves. The material stretches pretty easy. I started from the middle by taping the material down to the windshield and the frame and then worked my way out to the end, let the glue set up and then took the tape off and worked to the other end. I trimmed everything up with scissors and Xacto knife after the glue dried. Hope that makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts