Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I have a 1970 Chevelle SS that has the optional fluid monitoring system. I have all the original pieces.
My question is this, the two wires coming from the bulb connector, do they connect back to the wiper motor leads and then connect into the wiper motor. I do believe that this is the original wiring, but in the Chevelle Manual it shows that one wire goes to the horn relay.
If someone has a monitor system and is in working order, could you please check where these two wires from the bulb connector go.
Thanks, Curtis.

·
Premium Member
7,105 Posts
On mine, there's two wires that go to the bulb. A white wire is connected to a spring/friction clip that attaches to the fender in front of the washer bottle. The power comes from a black wire with a red stripe that is attached to the washer motor. The attachment doesn't look correct/original to me because it's done with a scotch lock.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
Well I'm confused...

The manual shows two different arrangements. It appears to be dependent on what model vehicle you have (i.e. station wagon, coupe, 4-door w/ or w/o hidden wipers) I don't have time to research it right now, but I'm sure someone has theirs working.

The first arrangement shows the grounding clip attached to the fender which "bites" into the metal providing a ground to the little light bulb at all times. This would mean the other lead going to the motor would have to be "hot" only when the motor is running--this sounds like the arrangement for the NON hidden wipers as with hidden wipers, you have a +12 volts at the motor even when the wipers are off!

The other arrangement shows one of the bulb wires going to the horn relay junction, that means that side of the bulb has +12 volts at all times, that means, the bulb would need to see a ground when the wiper motor is activated. That's how the hidden wipers do in fact work you provide the ground when you turn them on. I'm not sure where the "other" wire going to the motor connects in both situations.

Anyone chime in at any time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts