Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new windshield with the antenna in it, and realized one of the strips of copper I guess is broken completely in half. Would this interfere with reception? I haven't tried because I don't want to pull my dash out, and would rather just put an in-dash antenna type thing if I could. Just curious if anyone knows if I'd have problems. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
how much of the antenna is there b4 it is cracked? like distance wise? if you still have retained much of antenna then you should not have a problem...but if hte crack is at the begining(lower on the windsheild) they the distance of teh antenna has been reduced... therefore cutting short the ability to aquire a much fuller signal(sounds like bs but remeber how a radio wave is ))))))))...)like that and the greater the antenna teh much moer of the signal you will recive...rambling on and on i know try it and see thats the only way
pat

·
Registered
934 Posts
Since it's new, you should be able to get it replaced. Sounds like it wasn't made right. (what is these days?)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's broken about 1/4 the way up to the top, so about 3/4 is good, though there is a kink down the line but not broken. I probably could get it replaced but we installed ourselves and I wouldn't want to attempt an install again...

·
Registered
62 Posts
try it if you get a good recption great if not...get a wire antenna...like the ones used in the home theators and on marine aplications and run it under your dash pad...it might work idk though
pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts