Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two things:

is the rear window on a 70 camino just glued in? I vaguely remember hearing something like that and my appears to be coming un-glued... what do you recommend i use to re-glue it?

the second thing is, does anyone know of a discount welders supply online? im looking for the best deal on a (lincoln) 220v mig welder

thanks

mike

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone anyone? geez. anyways i was at the junkyard today and there was a couple 70 style caminos.. one had the rear window removed and i didnt see any clips, only black tar stuff which appeared to be a sealant..

someone has got to know how the window is secured.. i really dont wanna pull off that chrome peice
thanks

mike

·
Gold Founding Member
1,347 Posts
My wife got my Licoln 220 Mig at Home Depot it was a Descent deal I got the gas kit for it MIKE

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
The deal on the window is that you have to use butyl tape to attach it to the car.
There are some little rubber blocks that support the glass to keep it in position (vertically).

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
I had a professional glass installer put the rear window in one of my El Caminos. He used the ribbon sealer, then applied the urethane on top of that.

While on the subject, I have heard that you should not glue the glass only with urethane in on older cars. On newer cars the windshield is part of the structural integrity of the vehicle. On our old A bodies, it makes the glass susceptible to cracking if glued with urethane only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.