Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well, a few days ago, i rolled down my rear quarter window on my 71 chevelle 2 door hardtop, and it just fell down into the slot. So i pulled the panels and found that the window roller had nroken so i open my catalogs to order another one but the pics in the catalog are a smooth cylinder but mine was a cylinder with a groove around it? The only thing i can think of is i found the ones for the front doors, not the quarter windows. Is that right, are they different? Thanks,
(oh, and just curious, when i was at autozone looking for the roller *big mistake, lets just say ten minutes later, they were looking in the brakes section of their data base!!!* i saw a a plastic strip with a bunch of little poles on it? Also, looking at power window conversion kits, i noticed the same thing. So, what is it, and what does it do??)
Thanks again!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes I know what you are talking about.I am in the middle of installing a complete weatherstrip kit in my 68SS and one of my 1/4 window rollers broke as well........I was looking in the OPG catalog and I'm pretty sure I saw them in there.Or I'm sure Ground Up will have them too....Definitely not an Autozone item.You will need to order them.- Joel

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, opg is one of the companies that present the problem, if you have their catalog or go to their website, look at the 69-72; that is what they say is for mine, however, mine that are on both sides, looks more like the one for the '68?? Thats why i was wondering if the front doors are different then the rear quarters, and if so, those must be for the front... right?
Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
I just replace 2 on my rear 1/4 glass on my 66. I purchased mine from Year One. Do you have one of their catalogs? I do know that it takes 2 people and you have to completely pull the glass out of the car. In other words you have to remove all of the roller tracks and the window from inside the car. I had a friend that has a glass business help me. I would guess that the front would use the same rollers as the back. At least they appear to be the same on my 66. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts