Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Restoring 69 ss chevelle, thought everyting was going to good to be true, I was attempting to put front driver and passenger window regulators back inside of doors and found passenger side internal gear was stripped. Question, is this something I'm going to have a hard time finding, I located and purchased two rear window regulators (from a 69 chevelle) and after spending $ I found that the gear is quite different and not interchangeable. Are there newer vehicles out there that may have what I need. Ill also post this item in the wanted section. Any help would be great..Dusty

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
No difference between 69ss and malibu regulators, sounds like someone sold you the wrong ones...

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Dusty, 69 was a one year only for the regulator, but any A-body ones will work.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017

·
Registered
54 Posts
When the door window regulators on my 64 2dr HT started slipping, I was unable to find any good ones quickly. Picked up a couple of later model (70s) sedan rear window regulators and drilled the rivets out holding the window crank shaft and small gear to the mechanism. Used the rear window, figuring that it would have less wear than front windows. Just make sure that the gear assembly has the same format as your original, any I looked at seemed the same for quite a span of years. Transffered that assembly to the original 64 regulators and re-riveted back on. This proceedure works only if the rest of your regulator is in good shape. That was 3 years ago and they still work like new. This has the advantage of being able to use any (cheaper) regulator for parts.

good luck

JimC

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help folks, I've found a few people that maybe able to help me out.(Thanks to this site) JIMC, thanks I had same idea. I tried this with a rear regulator from another 69, found that the gear is drastically different than the front ones. Hopefully one of the contacts I've made will come through. I'll let ya know..Dusty

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dusty...

I had the regular in my driver's door disentergrate after I had the whole dang thing put back together. I Gave Dave a call (see below) and within a week I had a perfectly good one as a replacement. Cost me 65.00 Canadian and 10.00 Shipping. He has sent me several other parts and always in perfect condition! They specialize in Pre-1973 car parts.

The Auto TIN MAN
PO BOX 216
COBBLE HILL, British Columbia
V0R 1L0
(250) 743-7321

------------------
The proud owner of a Canadian 64-SS with ZZ4 Power!
Chesterville, Ontario, Canada.
Team Chevelle Gold Member #37
Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts Member #350

WebSite www.magma.ca/~ssoltesz/steves/1964.htm

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Canunck64s, thanks for the info, I'll give him a try if the other leads don't work out..Dusty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.