Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle SS 396 L-34 M-21
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting a window in my driver side door and needing to repair parts in the passenger side door of my 69 Hardtop SS and need the bumpers for the end of the tracks, the pieces that go on the window to run in the track ect. I have looked everywere and I can't find any restoration parts for these items! Does anyone know of some place I could get them! Or am I just gonna have to find a parts car to get and the "guts" out of it. Thanks for all input!

------------------
Steve

1969 Chevelle SS 396 L-34

[This message has been edited by 69ChevelleGuy (edited 12-12-2001).]

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Steve,
I can sympathize with your problems finding window hardware- BTDT. Most of the small parts are quite generic and probably any GM car could provide parts. Some stuff might be available from the factory, but unless you have a good relationship w. the parts man or can provide part #'s or at least a picture to go by, you might be farther ahead to look for a "parts" door(s) and get what you need that way. Perhaps someone else has a better idea. When I did my 69, I was lucky enough to have a couple of junk doors to rob stuff off. Good luck!
Duke

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
Steve,

I posted an exploded view of a 69-71 front door hardware at one of my sites - http://www.lcisp.com/396guy/front_door.htm

If you can identify the part(s) by the number(s) in the picture, I can get you the GM part number for it and it may still be available at your local GM dealer or through someone like Partsvoice.

Email me offline at [email protected] with the info and I'll get back to you.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Nice link Dale.

Looks like the rollers you need are attached to part #55 (regulator)? Wonder if there's an aftermarket fix available?

------------------
71 Ragtop
MCC #347, TC (Gold) #174
[email protected]

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle SS 396 L-34 M-21
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would just like to say ya'll dont know how much i appreciate the input ya'll have givin me. This has been a nightmare and im seeing light now lol! Dale I am getting the numbers as I type this and you will be recieving an e-mail from me very soon! Thanks again! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

------------------
Steve

1969 Chevelle SS 396 L-34

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have a few 69 regulator parts lying around if the parts you need are attached to that part I may be able to help. Send me a digital photo of what you need and I will take a look.

------------------
Redrum (or Mike)
68 Corvette - 383 CI 427 HP
69 SS Chevelle being updated to Pro-Touring
97 Z-28

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.