Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone make a ggod replacement window crank handle for a 70. I had a couple of reproduction one given to me and they are junk? Also do all the handles get the plactic protector behind them?

Ray

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
Yes, they get the gray plastic washer behind them. As far as I know the best are the originals. The NOS ones that I see on ebay go for $400.00 or more for a set of four. Some people use their originals and purchase a set of the reproductions and remove the clear knobs and put them on their originals. That is if your chrome pieces are in nice shape.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
GM still produces the handles with a black knob, although the ones I got were made in Canada.:) They're available from www.oldmusclecars.com for $31.14 ea, plastic washers are $5.13 each. Part number 1368GM for the handle, 1369GM for the washer.

·
Premium Member
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they get the gray plastic washer behind them. As far as I know the best are the originals. The NOS ones that I see on ebay go for $400.00 or more for a set of four. Some people use their originals and purchase a set of the reproductions and remove the clear knobs and put them on their originals. That is if your chrome pieces are in nice shape.
Do you know how they are attaching them back on?

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
If I remember correctly they were using screws to attach them. I read this right here in the forums. I will see if I can find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts