Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67 2 dr hardtop.....how do those buggers come out (both inside and outside). It looks like there are several clips that just snap into holes in the door panels and the pressure pulls the felt down and towards the body? I see a screw at the end of the inner rear quarter ones, but it doesn't seem to want to come out even with the screw removed. I think all of them have been in there for the entire 40 years and they don't want to come out. Do I need to take stop blocks out and lower the windows (but then what do I do...attack the clips thru the window slot?) How can something so simple be so hard (at least the first time).....looked in the manuals (maybe not good enough though) and couldn't find anything on the window felts.

thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
On the outside Qt window my 68 Vert had a screw at each end that I removed but I still could not get the felt off. Finally just got mad at it and started prying it off.... no longer usable anyway.
So what I found was two or three clips w/ Long prongs that curved up through the slots in the flange of the Qt panel.

Hope this helps.
Tony

·
Registered
723 Posts
I found my window felts (inside of window) and rubbers( on the outside of the window) were stuck to the door frames with black bedding calk from the factory, in addition to the 6 or so clips. So they are glued and clipped it seems( on my 65 velle).
Once you have the screw removed at the end, only one screw per strip if I recall correctly, start at that end and you pry the felts forward and then up a bit. Once you get it away from the door frame a bit, get someone to pull up on the felt at that location as you pry, say with a needle nose plier. You will begin to see the clips coming out of the slots in the door frame. Move down the line prying outward and pulling upward and once one clip is free, the rest will be easier.
Basically you have to bend the clips alot to get them out and rebend them before you install them.
Beware, after market window felts and rubbers don't fit well, too thick in my experience, so if your felts and rubbers are decent, do not throw them away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.