Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine is at the dyno and will be dyno's monday. who wants to guess the power? whoever is the closest without going over it the winner. winner gets a cookie fedex'd overnight to them! you only think im kidding...be sure to tell me what kind of cookie you like

Combo
496 stroker
Edelbrock Alum Heads 6049
Performance Products High-Rise intake
Holley 750 carb (not a double pumper)
CompCams MotherThumper 287 w/.510 lift intake/304 w/.495 lift exhaust
SRP Pistons 10.25:1 Compression
Scat Rods
Scat Crank

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
566hp
604 ft lbs of torque

·
Premium Member
13,484 Posts
Oh, I see. BTW, I really like those finned valvecovers. Gives it a a bit of a retro look. I was thinking about using those on my engine, but since they aren't high enuogh to clear the rocker arm stud girdles I have, the only way I'd get them on would be to use the aluminum valve cover extension peices that get sandwiched inbetween the covers and the heads. but I'm not sure if that would take away from the look of the finned covers.

Anyway, let us know how you do on the dyno.

·
Registered
151 Posts
570hp choc chip

What's the motor going in?

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
If she runs as good as she looks you should get some pretty impressive numbers.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I see. BTW, I really like those finned valvecovers. Gives it a a bit of a retro look. I was thinking about using those on my engine, but since they aren't high enuogh to clear the rocker arm stud girdles I have, the only way I'd get them on would be to use the aluminum valve cover extension peices that get sandwiched inbetween the covers and the heads. but I'm not sure if that would take away from the look of the finned covers.

Anyway, let us know how you do on the dyno.
yeah they look really good. however i had to elongate the holes to line up and had to grind a little relief for the #1 and #8 rocker arm poly locks

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
487hp 536tq
I like sugar cookies a big one.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
550hp/ 585tq. I like chewy chocolate chip cookies :yes:

I know this man knows what he is talking about so I'm going to pull a "Price Is Right" and say 551HP/586TQ. And if chewy chocolate chip is good enough for Bob it's good enough for Tommy too!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts