Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I placed this question in Wheels and Tires with no response; I'm hoping someone in Team Camino might know. As always thanks for the help.

One of my coworkers bought a stock 1988 Pontiac GTA with ARC outlaw one 15x8 wheels (unknown backspacing 4-4.5; they are only offered in these sizes) and nothing special TA tires that he wants to sell me. According to him, and the pictures I saw of the car before he bought it the wheels are in great condition with everything included. The tires have been setting for a few years but do hold air. What would be a good price for these and will they fit my 1967 Camino? I know it would be just a guess but I'm hoping someone might own an 1988 Firebird so they might have a good guess if it would fit my application. I’m just looking for something what will clear my CPP disc brakes and would fit the camino untill I get something else. What do you think; will they fit, and what would be a fair price for them?

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
they likely will fit but may have a offset that doesn't have the external depth we are used to seeing on early Caminos and may have an odd look about them.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
hummmmmmm I'm not an expert on what year they changed the taper on the lug nuts to metric ....... you better be SURE your using the right ones !!!!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies; I'm concerned too that these rims will not fit my '67. For one thing they are off a newer Pontiac, and I would think they might be metric. I would hate to buy something an then find out they don't fit. He wants $300 for them and is telling me they will fit without any problems. I'm not so sure....

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
the lug nut problem is really nothing big ...... you just need to buy the correct ones !!!
metric taper / American standard thread .... don't worry every tire store carry s them :)

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the lug nut problem is really nothing big ...... you just need to buy the correct ones !!!
metric taper / American standard thread .... don't worry every tire store carry s them :)
Thank you for the help; now for the big question, I just found out the rears are 15x10 not 15x8 like the fronts. That might be a little two much rubber for the back of an elky; I guess I'll find out. I figure worst case I could mount the fronts and sell the rears; at least that will take care of the front until I can get something for the rear. He also told me they are American standard thread which is a good thing.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I don't think your going to get 10"under there :noway: unless they've got 5.5 backspacing & you want to modify the lower shock mount & remove the sheet metal guard that protects the air shocks ..... even then I'm not sure ....probbly have to remove the shock bolts & lower the rear end every time you wanted to remove the tire !!! to bad your not closer :) they'd fit my 68 :p

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey Mark, I'll let you know when I get them. I'm not 100% sure they are 15x10 in the rear; I don't see those fitting a stock GTA either. I don’t have a stock rear suspension on the elky it’s lowered and has a complete Global West suspension system on it, but I think I’m to low for the rims to fit (pictures in my photo’s). At this point we still haven't agreed on a price yet and they are still on the GTA, but if the rears are 15x10 and you still want them all you would have to do is pay for shipping and they are yours. I'll let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts