Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '67 which I'm converting to a 350 (from a 250).

I'm having a tough time finding a donor chevy at a reasonable price. (under 1000)

So the question--would a 350 w/matching tranny from a Buick or Pontiac bolt into a '67?

If so, I'd have a lot more cars to choose from.

Thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Gearhead;

USE A CHEVY 350!

One of the best things about the Chevy small block is the availability and cost of parts. Look in a PAW catalog and compare the price of an intake manifold for a Chevy and Pontiac. In the long run, you are better off with the Chevy.

To answer your question, any combination that was installed in an "A" body should be a bolt-in if you use the correct brackets.

Wes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depends on what you're really asking. There are a bunch of other GM cars that use the Chevy small block engine. Lots of Olds Cutlasses with Chevy V8s, but I don't know about them being 350 cuin. Going to an actual Olds or Buick corporate engine would not be an ideal setup for sure as Wes says, but it can be done. tom

·
Registered
75 Posts
The "corporate" V8 is the Chevrolet small-block, and bolting a non-Bowtie powertrain into an A-car can be done with the correct parts.

I wouldn't install (a BOP drivetrain) one in a Chevy, since this is considered a sacrilege. Stick with the SBC, since there are more parts available, and is lighter than BOP counterparts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.