Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off my dual 2.5 inch stainless steel pipes off my 67 chevelle's exhaust manifold. And I would like to put them on a 85 Monte carlo.I would hook them up the same place as the chevelle on the exhaust manifold. I was thinking because the G body and A body are similar it would work. Any ideas?
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
The only way to find out would be to get the Monte up on jack stands and have at it. You might try measuring the two wheelbases of the different cars. If you run into a problem anywhere, it will be the length of the exhaust pipes and the location of the bends in the tailpipes where they go over the rear axles.

·
Registered
982 Posts
It will be close......
a few years ago I pulled my motor and trans from my 72 and put it in a T-type regal.....used the same headers with mild "dinging" on one primary and used the same exaust up to the mufflers.

BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THE CROSSMEMBER.....the G-body crossmember ONLY has a hump on the pass side...in the drivers side, you will have to flatten the pipe a bit

------------------
"Put the strength to the test"

**Dave Armstrong**
'67 Chevelle 396/Th400/4.10
12.45 @ 107 mph. 1.74 60ft

'95 Firebird Formula LT1(2FST4LOV)
14.0 @ 97mph daily driver
The Burnout
The Launch
The MAN!!!(the guy in the black shirt)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i bought a new crossmember from crossmembers.com ive heard nothing but good things about this company and there products are really good.I think im going to try it this weekend. thanks for the replys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.