Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted this in the brake section and i was kind of confused of the replies i got. i have a chance to buy a disc brake set up from a 71 cutlass.all i like to know is if it will fit a 64 chevelle,and if so what parts i will need. one posting said to get the lower control arms,is this right?thanks in advance. luke

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Everything should be a simple direct swap. I see no reason to change the lower control arms.Get as much as you can from the Cutlass: booster, master cyl, brake light switch thingy, hose brackets, proportioning valve.

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
This is almost as easy as falling off a log. Just beware of the front coil spring. Keep a jack under the lower ball joint when you break the upper ball joint loose from the spindle. Then you can block the frame and let the lower control arm down gently without having to worry about the spring flying out.

·
Registered
514 Posts
how much does it effect the ride height, ride, launch etc. if you change over to a newer g body control arm? does it bolt right in or is there alot of odifiacations that need to be made?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Topic: will it fit?

Well the answer to that question, as always is YES

A-body's rule due to extreme compatiblity and crossover...go for it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.