Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, I asked everyone a few weeks ago what I should ask for my Chevelle. I got no #'s, just flak for having 20" rims. Which is much deserved, even though I bought it this way. Here are some specs on it:

So anyway, what do you guys think it's worth and do you think I should badge it up with SS emblems to make it sell quicker?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
861 Posts
SS badges may make it more appealing, not exactly make it sell any faster, but getting rid of the wheels will make it look better to the old school crowd,and increase your buying market.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Sell the wheels and put on a set of 15" Cragars. Probably stand a better chance on both of those deals.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I think even a set of cheap gm or aftermarket ralley wheels would help it sell alot faster.
if i had to guess without seeing it in person having mud in the rear quarter and paint bubbleing etc.. i would say some where in the 8-10 range.
i think ss badges with a flat hood just looks silly!! JMHO
cloneing means a cowl hood painted to match,different dash, etc... slapping 40 bucks worth of badges on a malibu dosent make it a clone!?

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
Cloning CORRECTLY, yes! Just putting SS badges on it, no. Right now you are marketing to a small sales window. If you change the wheels you will have a larger sales window and they would probably be willing to spend more. You'd have to weigh the costs though.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,275 Posts
<name?> We know this is just another for sale ad in disguise, like ALL your other posts have been.
I don't think you really care about what you asked ask, you're just using the question as an excuse to get FREE exposer.

Anyway, ask 100 people an you'll get 100 different personal opinions.

Why don't you just put the dang car on ebay, there are a bunch of crazy suckers that pay way over what a car is worth there.

I'll bet that there is a lot of hidden rust and Bondo under that pretty paint but buyers on ebay aren't smart enough to know until it's too late.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<name?> We know this is just another for sale ad in disguise, like ALL your other posts have been.
I don't think you really care about what you asked ask, you're just using the question as an excuse to get FREE exposer.

Anyway, ask 100 people an you'll get 100 different personal opinions.

Why don't you just put the dang car on ebay, there are a bunch of crazy suckers that pay way over what a car is worth there.

I'll bet that there is a lot of hidden rust and Bondo under that pretty paint but buyers on ebay aren't smart enough to know until it's too late.
Wow, Dean thanks for being so rude. The reason I posted this question again is because no one gave me an answer. I realize that everyone will have their own opinion on price but I wanted to average the general replies.

And i really don't want to sell to anyone on this site anyways, because everyone is looking for a steal of a deal. Which is fine, but I'd like to get a little $ out of this car. It's a solid car (no bondo) that with new rims and tires I think will get some decent money.

Thanks again,

Cody Fresh:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought it was now mandatory that everyone fill out their Profile?? :confused:

Hey, I'm trying to fix my profile. Could you tell me how to put my name on there? Also how do I have the little signature deal at the bottom with a list of my cars? Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
Hey, I'm trying to fix my profile. Could you tell me how to put my name on there? Also how do I have the little signature deal at the bottom with a list of my cars? Thanks
Step 1: click the User CP link.
Step 2: click the Edit Profile link and add your name, information, etc.
Step 3: click Save Changes button
Step 4: click the Edit Signature link and add whatever text you want - again, click the Save Changes button

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I like the wheels, just need to be lowered a bit, tuck a bit of the tires under the wells.

Don't have a clue at what they are worth thought, sorry.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,275 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't intensionally being rude, just stating the facts is all.

You come on here with no name or location and EVERY post you have ever made is an ad.
You DID get replies as to what the car is worth in one of your other ads.
If you really think people here "are looking to steal a deal" why ask for opinions from them?

If all you really wanted to know was about putting emblems on the car, then all the other information you put in the AD (which I deleted) wasn't necessary.

As far as the "no bondo" comment goes, you did say that here was rust bubbling through and you haven't had the car that long to find it all yet which makes me wonder why, now you want to get rid of it so soon. (maybe you did find out you got taken on a pretty car with a bunch of hidden rust and you're trying to pass it off on someone here, I don't know) :confused:

I'm suspecting that anyone that would paint a Chevelle up pretty and put those hideous wheels on it doesn't really care about doing one right, only in making it pretty to resell.

Of course I could be wrong but SO MANY people try to let it be known on here that they have something to sell by asking similar questions because they know that they can get a lot of FREE exposer on such a high traffic site, I guess I might be getting suspicious of everyone. :eek:

Anyway, like I said, just put the car on ebay and get a lot more than it's worth.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
10K to someone not super into SS Chevelles but into cool looking Malibu's. Plus we're in the midst of another Bush ressesion. The value of my SS is barely hanging on. It looks nice though. I would start at 10K and see what happens.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Wow, Dean thanks for being so rude. The reason I posted this question again is because no one gave me an answer. I realize that everyone will have their own opinion on price but I wanted to average the general replies.

And i really don't want to sell to anyone on this site anyways, because everyone is looking for a steal of a deal. Which is fine, but I'd like to get a little $ out of this car. It's a solid car (no bondo) that with new rims and tires I think will get some decent money.

Thanks again,

Cody Fresh:D
Cody,

You did ask, "What do you guys think.......?" You shouldn't ask that kind of question and then get peeved when you're question gets answered and you don't like it, just my opinion.

Flipping a car by badging it as an SS is not going to get a favorable response. The car looks nice in the photo so I also agree, throw it up and put in lots of pictures. If are looking for better feedback, put up a lot of pictures including interior, engine and underneath the car. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
In a sea full of clones, I think that the farther you seperate it from the clones, the more valuable it will be. It looks unique as it is.

·
Registered
862 Posts
DEAN you need to relax, but we do love your honesty, i am glad you have the ability to speak so forthcoming. as for the car. pretty but plain. too much chrome. and NEVER AND I SAY NEVER make a remark that it aint go no bondo. cuz they all have bondo. it needs a ratmotor in it.:D

·
Registered
862 Posts
MAKE SURE YOU GIVE DETAILED PICTURES OF ALL THE TRUNK AND FLOORS AS FAR AS INNER STRUCTURE TO SHOW IT HAS NO RUST. AND IF IT DOES THEN JUST BE HONEST AND SHOW IT TOO. SO YOU WONT GET A BAD RAP.:thumbsup: LET THE HIGH BIDDER HAVE NO EXCUSES WHEN HE BUYS IT AND FINDS A FLAW. THE WORST THING YOU COULD DO IS MISREPRESENT IT.:sad:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts