Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
yes...the way to do it is buy aftermarket universal seat tracks available at places like Summit Racing...that being said there are factors to consider when doing such a 'swap'...namely general size of seat your are putting in, seat back height, forward and backward movement allowed, and height from floorboard to where your butt will be with the aftermarket tracks attached...

One thing I will always stress when talking about this topic...you MUST MAKE SURE that the seat is mounted incredibly well with no jankyness involved...you don't want to get into a crash with a seat that breaks loose from its mount...seatbelts will do you no good in such a situation...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I used seat's from a 2004 GTO in my chevelle, had to cut off the rear mount's from the seat and weld new bracket's that i made . The front inboard seat mount's i made a new bracket and welded it to the floor. I am 6'2" and i can put the seat in the lowest position and have about 3" above my head to the headliner, and both side's are power! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used seat's from a 2004 GTO in my chevelle, had to cut off the rear mount's from the seat and weld new bracket's that i made . The front inboard seat mount's i made a new bracket and welded it to the floor. I am 6'2" and i can put the seat in the lowest position and have about 3" above my head to the headliner, and both side's are power! :thumbsup:
Do you have any pictures you can share? I saw this seat on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=170083950590&rd=1,1

I kind of like the style and the red stitching would work well in my application.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts