Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

The main concern is the filler neck is NOT at a 45° angle and it may hit the hood is what I have been told. The part no is 155272-x. The measurement from the bottom of the tank to the top of the filler neck with no cap is 19.5". I am going to using a factory cowl hood but it is not on the car yet but I want to go ahead and install the radiator asap. If anyone has any info please share it with me. Thanks so much.

Jim

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually if someone can measure from the bottom of their radiator to the top of the cap it would really help me out as well.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Before you decide on the griffin, do a search on this site for "Alumitech".

The radiator will look and work beautifully, and LITERALLY is a perfect fit - it's specifically meant for our chevelles. No measuring, no guessing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I kinda already have it and got for a real cheap price. I just do not have the front clip or hood on the car. I am ready to install the radiator and now would be the time to dump it if truley hits the hood is why I am asking for some measurements or feedback.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Ok, that's going to be a tight fit - my measurement from bottom of tank, is 19-3/4" to the very top of the lever on my cap. That's about 1/4" above the radiator hold-down, and yes mine's on an angle. The top of the filler is likely at around 19-1/4", so figure 1/2" for the cap.

It might be worth a trial fit, but it will be close either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts