Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 1970 hood stripes fit ok on a 1969 hood?? Has any body done this or does anybody have any pics I can see???

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 70 stripes will fit on a 1969. I put them on my car. Take a look at twurm.freeservers.com go to the photo album.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We discourage the use of the 70/72 stencil stripe kits on other year cars because the template takes into consideration the bulge of SS and Cowl Induction hoods. It is best to mask off the correct width as outlined in the assembly manual for 1970. Keep in mind that your resale may suffer because the unoriginal stripe layout.

·
Registered
8 Posts
late in 69, Chevy offered a twin stripe option. The dim. are diff. than the 70-72. This is what my restoration book states:
1969 Twin Hood & Deck Stripe Specifications

DIMENSION HOOD DECKLID
Width (in inches)
Main stripe 10.7 10.64
Pinstripe 0.25 0.3
Space between stripes 0.3 0.25
Distance from end of stripe
to edge of panel
Main stripe 1.55 1.38
Pinstripe 1.0 0.8
Overall centering dimensions
Outward from centerline 1.8 1.68
Inward from outer hood
crease 2.3

The hood stripes were painted over both ends of the panel. The deck stripes do not extend past the edge of the deck lid. Gloss black and white were the only two colors available. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Contrary to wat U have seen in Paul Herds Book,,,, the 70 landing stripes were NEVER offered on a 69,,,from the factory,,this is the same type fictional rumor as the SS 427 in 67,,,, L89SEDAN,,,, PS Dont put em on your car,,,they just make it look like a wanna B,,,, :0) my opinion only :0) L89SEDAN

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I don't think hood and deck stripes were available from the factory. On the other hand say it was Nov. 69 and you wanted a 69 Chevelle and you told the Chevy dealer the only way that you would buy it was to put those cool looking 70 Chevelle stripes on it. I think they could have put them on in the body shop. Is it stock, I don't think so, but someone would argue it.

------------------
Malibu 307 (aka 406 smblk)
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

[This message has been edited by plain 69 (edited 01-03-2000).]

L

·
0 Posts
Although I don't have it here in front of me, I don't believe Herd's book says that skunk stripes were a factory option in 69. It states that they were a dealer installed option available late in the model year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.