Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see this today, I was pleasantly surprised. I figured the few funny parts that you see on the TV blurbs would be the only ones, but it was actually funny throughout the whole movie. Good story too. I really enjoyed it. There was even a pretty good cast of characters, some of whom I havn't see in awhile. Anyone else see it??

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
We saw it for $3.00 each at the afternoon show. It was funny.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
We went to see it, but it was sold out, so we saw Ghost Rider. Pretty wierd.

Don't see how a small peanut tank on the bike can last the whole movie!!! :D

Wild Hogs next week...

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Yup the wife & I went to see it today. The show was packed. We liked it alot. A buddy of mine said in Phoenix,AZ. There must have been 500 motorcycles outside the show. They had two theathers opened for it. and they were packed. We saw both movies also. I heard it too Nick Cage one yr of 5 hrs a day to get himself in that shape.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I went to see it friday night at the drive it. It was pretty good, even tho I fell asleep towards the end, LoL :D

·
In Memory of Kevin
2,171 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I heard it too Nick Cage one yr of 5 hrs a day to get himself in that shape.
This is how they explain actors growth in short time to the public. The truth is he is probably on a specialty doctors prescription steroids.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Me and the GF actually had planned to go out and see The Departed this afternoon, but when we got to the theater, seems thier website claimed it was showing at a certain time, but when we arrived. They said they were done with that show for the day.

So we went and saw Wild Hogs at another theater. Some great one liners on that movie. All the characters were cast perfect. Certainly one to add to the movie collection once it comes out on DVD.

On a different note. I dropped nearly 20 bucks to see it. Ticket was $9, large popcorn and large beverage was another 8 bucks.:sad:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
stop by taco bell for two stuffed burrito's to sneak into the flick $6, two tickets (mantinee) $17, large diet coke $5, black snake moan, worth every guitar lick. this movie would have been crap, but s.j. was in 99.9% of the scenes, and the footage of son house, explaining the blues was cool.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
The Departed is already on DVD, how is the theater still showing it?
Because it won best picture and best director at the oscars a couple of weeks back. Some theaters bring back movies just because of that.

We wanted to see it on the big screen and because its in the "discount theater". Its typicially costs about 2 or 3 bucks to see the movies in those theaters no matter what time of day it is. However, tuesdays at some are called 2 dollar tuesdays. They usually get movies that have been in theaters for a while and are at the end of running thier course. Usually about a month after release.

We would have rented it but havent been out to a real movie in quite some time. I eventually plan to buy it on DVD anyways.

·
Banned
9,472 Posts
Because it won best picture and best director at the oscars a couple of weeks back. Some theaters bring back movies just because of that.

We wanted to see it on the big screen and because its in the "discount theater". Its typicially costs about 2 or 3 bucks to see the movies in those theaters no matter what time of day it is. However, tuesdays at some are called 2 dollar tuesdays. They usually get movies that have been in theaters for a while and are at the end of running thier course. Usually about a month after release.

We would have rented it but havent been out to a real movie in quite some time. I eventually plan to buy it on DVD anyways.
Well I did`nt know that. None of the theaters in my area have do that as far as I know.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts