Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,678 Posts
Does anyone have the width between the hood and trunk lid stripes? I hope this makes sense.
:cool: What model year Chevelle?

The '69 stripes were different from the first iteration of '70 stripes which were different from the later '70 stripes (which apparently remained the same through the end of the '72 model year).

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
:cool: What model year Chevelle?

The '69 stripes were different from the first iteration of '70 stripes which were different from the later '70 stripes (which apparently remained the same through the end of the '72 model year).
69 stripes were on the sides, not hood and deck.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
69 stripes were on the sides, not hood and deck.
:cool: Late in the 1969 Model Year Chevrole introduced the Hood and Deck Lid stripe to the 1969 Chevelle. The Regular Option Number (RPO) was the same as the 1970 Model Year RPO.

The 1969 Model Year Hood and Deck Lid Stripes were slightly different in their dimensions when compared to the first design 1970 Hood and Deck Lid Stripes, which were slighly different from the second design used in 1970, 1971, and 1972.

The 1969 Model Year Hood and Deck Lid stripes were an RPO but were dealer applied.

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
:cool: Late in the 1969 Model Year Chevrole introduced the Hood and Deck Lid stripe to the 1969 Chevelle. The Regular Option Number (RPO) was the same as the 1970 Model Year RPO.

The 1969 Model Year Hood and Deck Lid Stripes were slightly different in their dimensions when compared to the first design 1970 Hood and Deck Lid Stripes, which were slighly different from the second design used in 1970, 1971, and 1972.

The 1969 Model Year Hood and Deck Lid stripes were an RPO but were dealer applied.
The only RPO I can find for 69 on Chevellestuff is D96, wide paint stripe - side. (SS only) D88 doesn't show in 69.

Are you maybe referring to early 70 model year cars that were built in 69?

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
The only RPO I can find for 69 on Chevellestuff is D96, wide paint stripe - side. (SS only) D88 doesn't show in 69. Are you maybe referring to early 70 model year cars that were built in 69?
:cool: No, I'm not. Take a look at Jeff Steffes' book Chevelle SS A Muscle Car Source Book, and/or Paul A Herd's Chevelle SS Restoration Guide. Additionally there are a couple of interweb sites that list the D88 RPO for 1969. Like I said, it was offered very late in the model year and was not well known.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Does anyone have the width between the hood and trunk lid stripes? I hope this makes sense.
:cool: The first 1970 Model Year design had a center line to stripe measurement of 1.77 on the hood and 1.68 on the deck lid. The second design was 1.68 on the hood and the deck lid.

The change date for the hood spacing was the first week of April 1970.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts