Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because some day you might need them :D
About 4 -5 years ago while looking for an 837 horn Relay, I came across a radiator support on E-bay that had an original 837 Relay still attached to it, the support was in pretty good shape too and it was about an hr's drive for me..... I said what the hell and grabbed it.
The relay was immediatly put on the car and the supports been sitting ever since, well...turns out, it's goin in the car now too.
After some more dissasembly on my front end, the first problem I've had was with the support, both bolts to the frame siezed up & snapped and the support itself is pretty rough....sure was nice to be able to run down to the basement (parts room) and grab it to find it was better suited to go back in the car. :yes:

·
Registered
14,702 Posts
I love it when Im in the middle of building something and end up needing something odd and just go out to the shed and finding I have one. On the other hand, I hate it when I buy something that I need only to find out I have a set in the shed after I win it on ebay. jim

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I'm just collecting engine parts for a new build, I had to buy a block, main bearings and cam & lifters, everything else I had in stock.Flywheels,headers,hubcaps,oil pans,valve covers,glass, gaskets, cams, heads,wheels & tires are always on hand for new projects.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its the male equivalent of the wife buying shoes. :)

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I know what you mean. When I first got my 71 I found it cheaper to buy the whole parts car rather than buying just the parts off of it. Now I have around 20 Chevelles from 67 to 72 that I use to get those littlle parts that I need without having to search all over the place for it. Plus it also helps fund my hobby by selling parts off of them.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
as i tell my wife. there is no such thing as a part i dont need. i just dont need to use it yet!!:yes:

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
i cant wait for a Hoarders episode to be on a guy that is just a Car Enthusiast, im pretty sure that guy would beat the crap out of Mat Paxton and his extreme cleaning crew HA!

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That old panel is far from junk...

That can be easily restored.
Not sure that anyone said either was junk...and I'm not sure which one you are refering to as the old one, but the rusty one , will be restored and put in in place of the other.;)
And no worries, I don't throw anything away. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts