Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new SunPro tach for my 70 SS. I have a Pertronics HEI distributer. I put a spade type connector on the wire that goes to the negative side of the coil and plugged it into to the TACH outlet on the distributer cap, hooked everything else up (light, power, ground) but I get nothing, it doesnt work. Any ideas?
Ron

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Hard to tell which one it is, the distributor or the new tach. I'm a little hesitate to tell you to use a light tester between the tach output and ground. I don't know if you will get a response there on a pertronix set-up with the engine running. Maybe ask the Pertronix techs. Maybe try the tach in another car.
http://www.pertronix.com/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you using an HEI? Sometimes when you plug that connector up into the TACH section its in there pretty snug and you think you have it in, but really it's just sandwiching behind the terminal. This used to happen to me all the time, keep trying, and if you have to, pop the cap off, connect the wire and then drop it back down on the dist.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thats exactly what I did. The connector was between the spade and the side of the cap. Now I just have to find a better power source for it. But it works now guys.
Thanks.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts