Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go to over 60MPH on highways but not on sideroads (it doesn't shake on sideroads) my 1970 El Camino shakes rapidly. I thought that it could've been because of the wind or an alignment problem. My front tires also wear on the outside edges instead of in the middle. Any help? Thanks.

1970 Chevy Custom El Camino
136800B122947 | 11-17-69
350 cu.in./300HP Small Block
Green Mist w/Green Vinyl Top

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Tire balance on the shaking problem and underinflation on the wear (given your description). On bumpy sideroads you may not notice tire balance problems because a bumpy road will mask them.

[This message has been edited by Randy Mosier (edited 08-22-99).]

·
Registered
336 Posts
If I were you, the first thing I would do is go get your wheels balanced and rotated... that is usually the problem..

Since your tires wear strangly you probably need an alignment which never hurts but also you might want to check your front shocks, if they are gone, that will cause them to shake.

there are other things that will do it too but usually those are the most common.

Hope this helps---

Mike Reeh
Gold #34
1970 el camino

·
Registered
288 Posts
I used to have the same problem with the tires on my malibu. I couldnt figure it out then it came to me.......
....STOP TAKING CORNERS SO FAST..

A-bodys are not meant to corner, the geometry is all wrong(or at least thats what ive been told)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.