Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen a lot of big block 66-67 Chevelles, in some of them the engine sits level but the majority have the engine tilted up in the front. Anyone know why? Are these small block cars using the original mounts for the big block? Or are the mounts even different?
Just one of those things I notice at almost every car show.
Ron

------------------
70 Chevelle SS396, 71 Z28-RS, 95 Z28 Convertible. Aces 3081, TC #54 Gold

·
Registered
341 Posts
Seems like I saw somewhere that the engine is supposed to be tilted four degrees. Not a lot but enough to be noticed. Carb should sit level.

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said, its not a lot but it is noticable and not all are like that. Then again I could be imagining things, My eyes arent as young as they used to be.
Ron

------------------
70 Chevelle SS396, 71 Z28-RS, 95 Z28 Convertible. Aces 3081, TC #54 Gold

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think you are right about the inclination. My '66 used to be a small-block car and I used the original frame mounts for the big-block I put in. I know that it also sits about an inch closer to the front of the car (big-block is longer).

------------------
66 Big-Block Chevelle Houston, TX ACES#3321

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
All engines sit this way, even the 6's. It will be level where the carb mounts. The BB makes it more noticable because of its size.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.