Team Chevelle banner

So Who Still Doing A Real Tree

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So who still does a real tree???? My wife and I are still putting up a real tree as allways. But we are fortunate that there is a small Christmas Tree farm within 3 miles of our house and the trees are very reasonably priced. This year $40.00 and I cut it down today so it’s very fresh.
But some years we say this is the last year as our kids have their own places. Maybe if the prices were crazy that would cause us to do something else. Some of the precut trees are $100.00 around here.
This years. Still needs decorated.

Plant Window Wood Christmas ornament Larch

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
My wife insists on it.

Me, I could care less.

So, it's going up this week.

·
Registered
Vancouver BC Canada
1,718 Posts
yep it's once a year and sure missed the years I was not around to do so ...so we do it every year and it's once a year so carry the cost for a year it's less then drinks out with the boys! ..It'll be a little late this year so Charlie brown tree for us...
Alas have to head back east next week....Not sure of return so maybe no tree for me this year! Good on anyone who puts up anything in their home and celebrates any holiday!
Yes even a Festivus pole! I want all the holidays off in succession... Now there's a break for the holidays!
Art Musical instrument Glass Jewellery Fashion accessory

Reactions: 427L88

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
We always do a tree but we’ll be gone for 6 weeks so not year. But we’ll be in France with our daughter, SIL and grandson and they have a real one.

·
Super Moderator
13,439 Posts
Always real :) Cannot even imagine a fake. We have bought ours for 43 from a local garden center who used to be owned by two good friends of mine. They ran out early this year so we actually went today and got a nice 7 ft Frazier Fir at Home Depot for $60

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
Never had a tree since the 80s...unless I was spending it with someone why bother.
Do love the smell that fills the house from them....maybe next year

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
We did until the kids grew up and moved away. It used to be a tradition, plus an annual family excursion to get out and cut our own. Nowadays it comes out of the box December 1, and back in the box January 1. And the tradition now is that the grandkids come decorate it. Although Gramma rearranges after they leave. A Christmas tree with only the lower 4 feet decorated doesnt work for her. lol. I sure miss the smell of a fresh cut pine though ! Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it. Stay healthy and well.

·
Registered
1966 Chevelle SS396
18 Posts
We always put up a live tree when the kids were young. Now they are all grown with their own families, so the wife and I just put a very small artificial one just to be in the mood of Christmas.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
No option for both? And I wanted to vote too lol

We have a 9’ fake tree that we set up upstairs in our cathedral ceiling family room in front of the bay window, and then downstairs we setup a real tree.

So we do both.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I have 55 acres that I cannot keep the Spruce from growing, my family comes in and cuts their own each year and have not even made a dent! Me, due to alergies have an artificial tree, but cut a real one to put on the porch.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've NEVER had a real tree around. My parents never had one, and I've been married for 31 years and we have never had anything but artificial either. I don't even think either of my grandparents ever had them in my lifetime (born in 1967) either. I've spent WAY too much of my time over the years cutting down and cutting up trees on our property. The absolute LAST thing I want to do is cut down another tree and drag it into my house. Dogs would probably just pee on it anyway.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Real trees ya I don’t want the bugs and the mess that goes with a natural dead tree in the house.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I went with fake years ago, because I was worried about fire, because we usually put it up so early.Had same one for years, it was a 10 footer, and I cut it down to 8, and the grand kids love helping put it up, and they are a real help also.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts