Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested to find out who makes a good hood. Of the hoods that you have seen, whose has the best fit & finish, quality out of the box, cost, etc. I know that I'll need to prep the hood for paint, but I just don't want to spend a week straightening the thing. Also, I'd rather not have one that weighs as much as stock but would like one that has hinge and latch provisions and is steel reinforced.

------------------
Ted Stojkovski
Syracuse NY
Team Chevelle #172

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
i bought a glasstek(not sure if that is how it is spelled) for a nova. very nice bolt on hood . 4" cowl $370

------------------
Troy Miller
Whiteford,Maryland
70 Nova
72 Nova
66 Chevelle

W

·
0 Posts
The best glass I ever used was built by a company in Jaksonville Fla., Harry Glass. He is the guy who builds lots of the funny car bodies, those carbon fiber deals. If they don't have the correct hood, they will make one off you steel hood. Good stuff.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

·
Registered
16 Posts
I SELL HOODS FROM ALL SORTS OF MANUFACTURES, HARWOOD, A AND A, GLASTEK, THE GLASTEK HOODS ARE BY FAR THE BEST QUALITY HOODS I'VE EVER SEEN, A LITTLE MORE MONEY THAN SOME OF THE OTHERS, BUT WORTH IT, E MAIL ME BECAUSE I CAN PROBABLY GET YOU THE BEST DEAL ON THEM OR ANY OTHER

·
Registered
12 Posts
1969BIGBLOCK,

Is there a website for Glastek??

Or a phone number.. I am interested in the details myself. Anything you can forward to me would be great.

I am interested in fiberglass and carbon fiber.

Thanks..

------------------
=========================
Richard Olsen
-------------
1959 Elky 348 3x2 - Really Low
1971 Elky 396 SS A/C
Building: 1970 Elky for 200mph speed run
=========================

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.