Team Chevelle banner

who knows the "do not call me" website?

883 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  esponet 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me what the site is to get the damn telemarketers to stop calling? I get 5 or 6 a day and I`m sick of it. I got a call tonight from a arizona number to buy a susbscription to my local paper here in sacramento ca. What is up with that? Thanks.

#8 ·
Works great. The only calls i get now are those that are exempt (Charities and political campaigns).

It works because if you get a call and file a complaint, the Gov't nails the telemarketer with a fine, and the fines add up pretty quickly

#6 ·
the best way to not get telemarketing calls is to keep a low profile- don't give out your number- and just flat out hang up on them when they call.
eventually, your number gets taken off all the "sucker" databases.

#7 ·
I try to maintain a low profile, usually give out my old landline number if there's no good reason for someone actually needing my number. I put my cellphone on the list a few years ago, and just last week actually had a telemarketer call, first one ever. I quickly told him I was on the list, and that it was my cell, and he apologized and hung up. So I guess it's working. :yes:

#9 ·
Well I added my number the other day when the link was posted and I haven`t had a call since. We`ll see as time goes by. If they do call I can report them according to the website. What that will do is probably nothing. I usually hang up on them anyway and I don`t give out my number that I can think of. I have had them call my cell years ago but it`s been a while for that.

#10 ·
we usually never pick up the home phone. (if its someone we know personally they call our cel). we just check the home phone mess. everynow and then. and on those rare occasions i answer the phone and its a solicitor, i don't care who it is, i will insult them, or play stupid on the phone.
we never give out our cell number to anyone not important, and we have kept the same cel number for years now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.