Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have your Z bar out of your 68-72 big block Chevelle could you take a pic of it just like this

so I can get my protractor and slide rule out, I need to satisfy my brain,. try to shoot straight down the tube, I need to figure out how many degrees between the arms. Thanks. Note this Z bar in my pic is not a Chevelle part, just used for a refrence pic.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Sure. No problem. I have mine out, and will get a measurement for you today!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ron, Pictures would be great so I can put my protractor on it or if you can get the degrees between the hole for the clutch pedal push rod hole to the lower adjuster rod hole, I'm thinking it should be right around 140 degrees of separation.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I'll measure it and get back to you.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Ron had too many beers and passed out,:sad: Anyone else out there that can help? Please!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Btt anyone? I'm still stuck on this, need a good picture or accurate measurements

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
I just put mine back the other day. Looking at your picture there is something wrong that you need to fix.

That plastic bushing is in the wrong position. Said differently there needs to be another part outboard of the bushing. The bushing needs to be behind a snap ring ("C" spring) like device that sits in a grove in the Z-bar.

I dunno what the issue is that is causing the post requesting the angle measurements but that bushing (on the frame end of the Z-bar) has to have the clip to lock it in place properly.

You need to look at a parts manual or an assembly manual. BTW you need 3 of those bushings..two on the outboard (frame) end of the Z-bar and another one on the engine (inboard) end of the Z-bar.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oman, the Z bar in my pic is not a Chevelle part, just a old Z bar I had kicking around the garage, It is not the one I'm using, What I need to know is what the angle between the two arms is on a correct Chevelle Z bar, I don't believe the one in my car is correct, I want to verify this either with a good picture taken from the angle like in the pic I posted or if someone could measure there's accuratly from center of one hole to center of the other hole in degrees. Thanks for any help guys!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I think Ron had too many beers and passed out,:sad: Anyone else out there that can help? Please!
Nope. Just forgot about it. Sorry:( I've been kinda busy lately. Doing a factory a/c conversion on my non a/c car. trying to get the bodywork done before winter. BTW i don't drink alcohol. Haven't touched a drop in almost 13 yrs.:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Approximately 145 degrees. Original GM part off a 70 El Camino SS.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Guys, that's exactly what I needed!! Woo Hoooo!!!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
No problem!:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts