Chevelles.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Who has the best fit and quality for interiors parts? I need to do a complete job on a 72 malibu.
Pat

------------------
71 blazer 2wd
34 3 window coupe
66 malibu
Go speed racer, Go speed racer, go
blazer
66chevelle

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did a complete resto on my 70 Chevelle with interior parts from National Parts Depot and Year One. They both sell the PUI brand. All the components, (door panels, seat covers, etc.) were very good quality and installed relatively easy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sb70ss:
I did a complete resto on my 70 Chevelle with interior parts from National Parts Depot and Year One. They both sell the PUI brand. All the components, (door panels, seat covers, etc.) were very good quality and installed relatively easy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm about to redo my 71. Question about the door panels. The original panels are cardboard or somthing similar and the top piece is metal. Are the replacement panels made the same way or is the top piece something else?

Andy
MCC member #206

·
Registered
219 Posts
I also got a pui interior package , but have yet to install.They look great in the package though!!!!!!!Maybe one day they will finally make it on the car

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. It looks like pui is it.
Pat

------------------
71 blazer 2wd
34 3 window coupe
66 malibu
Go speed racer, Go speed racer, go
blazer
66chevelle

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aks66chevelle:
I'm about to redo my 71. Question about the door panels. The original panels are cardboard or somthing similar and the top piece is metal. Are the replacement panels made the same way or is the top piece something else?

Andy
MCC member #206
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Andy,
I beleive the top piece is made of hard plastic (pre-asemyabled door panels). If you order the door panels unasyembled, then the top piece doesn't come with it, and you would use the metal ones from the original door panels. Hope this helps you
Brian

------------------
Theres nothing like the rumble of a big block and the smell of burning rubber! Brian Henderson
1970 Red on Red LS6 currently under construction. A.C.E.S. #5637 T.C.#1932

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got all my interior parts from Ausley's All were nice and fit great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Andy,
Brian is right about the pre-assembled door panels. They are a molded plastic construction at the top and fit nice. I would highly recommend these pre-assembled panels.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I picked up PUI from http://www.oldmusclecars.com/ they are a chevy dealer just up the road from me. It was PUI stuff and looks great and the preassembled door panels have a metal top rail.

------------------
Deon Knecht
72 Malibu 350 that has been bored out to 4.251 on a 4" stroke.

<A HREF="http://home.sc.rr.com/deon" TARGET=_blank>
My Website Last updated on 10/28/2002 </A>

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have not inspected all the various interior components available, so my opinion regarding the best, cannot be truly objective. But I can say that the seat covers I received from OPG (Distinctive) are extremely nice. The feel of the material is superb. The fit is outstanding. And the price is competitive.
Patrick

------------------
Patrick, aka Merlin
1968 SS 396/325 4-Speed, White with black vinyl top & black interior.
ACES #5131
TC#1017

·
Premium Member
5,251 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 69ssragtop:
I also got a pui interior package , but have yet to install.They look great in the package though!!!!!!!Maybe one day they will finally make it on the car<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with this guy

------------------
Wallace L. Allen
SSgt USMC
Proud owner of a
1971 Chevelle
350/400 Turbo
Zinc Yellow w/Black Stripes (soon to be painted)
Weld Pro Stars
BF Goodrich T/A

1 - 13 of 13 Posts