Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Began planning my second 71 chevelle build......planning 600-700 hp 496........ thought I would go with Tremec TK600 until I talked with Jody @ Jody's Transmissions.......did a search and have been reading a lot about long lead times, supply chain logistics, engineering debates....everything but posts from guys that have one and what they think about its performance....... The tranny sounds great, Jody was a total professional and took the time to talk about everything I needed to learn. So, how does the tranny perform? Are you happy with it? Would you buy one again? Thanks very much.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,330 Posts
go with what Jody says, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
516 Posts
X2 bought mine from Jody for my Nova. haven't driven the car yet other then on the lift. he's a stand up guy with excellent customer service.

Jim

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
X3. Bought mine from Jody. My car isn't finished yet, but the trans is a great piece of engineering. Jody is very professional. Great to talk to. Super customer service.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
X4 on Jody. I love the way mine drives. I couldn't believe how smooth It shifts compared with my TKO. It was literally night and day.

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
If your going through the trouble go with a 6spd and enjoy a much better gear spread.

Reactions: Skier_Bob

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I have one in a 67 Camaro and love it. Easy install. Also put an RS500 (which I think is the same case) in a 71 Monte Carlo and again an easy install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts