Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an Original complete 1970 Chevelle Exhaust System at SuperChevy Indy and need to find a Company that can put on an Aluminized coating just as was original from the Assembly line.
I do not want to spray paint it on ala Eastwood Co..I am looking for the original quality.
Appreciate any input.

------------------
Rick Peters
ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I think you got a problem. The aluminized pipes are made from aluminized pipestuff, and then bent into the right shape. I think that putting on the aluminum after the bending is not an option. Sorry.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys.I will try Gardner today.I hope it is possible.If not,that would explain the low price I paid.I still can't pass up anything for a 70 though.

------------------
Rick Peters
ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Rick, on all the NOS exhaust I have ever had other than mufflers none of the pipe was aluminized. It was bare steel. I have taken the originals and have had it hard chromed with excellent results. I did this to a original Trans Am SD exhaust, then welded the resonaters on like the factory and it was killer looking. It is a little expensive to do but it will last. Micky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.