Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My '69 SS had a brand new Goodyear Eagle ST white letter tire laying face down in the trunk for several years before I bought the car. I purchased another new tire so I would have 2 new ones to install on the back. It's funny how those back tires wear out quicker than the fronts! Anyway, the white letters on the tire that was in the trunk have a yellowish/brown discoloration. I have tried harsh abrasives to try to remove it but haven't succeeded. Are there any tips/tricks or products out there that will restore the white?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
85 Posts
paint the letters, if they dont match paint the new tire with the same paint. or just use the funky discolored tire as a spare again and buy a new one. youll need a spare anyway.

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
i have used a rag soaked in gas to clean up tires after i run the white letters into a curb or two, put out the cigaretes first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a big believer in the SOS pad. Using gnarly solvents on rubber-even tires-is probably not the best solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.