Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of those "should have, could have, but didn't" stories. So, last night, I'm flying back from Detroit, MI with a connection through Denver. After a delay, finally get on the plane in Denver. I take my seat and notice the guy next to me has a carry bag with his name embroidered on it. The name was "Art Whipple". I'm thinking "damn, is this Art Whipple as in Whipple Superchargers"? No way. Gotta be other Art Whipple's, but wait, this guy is going to Fresno, CA and I think Whipple Superchargers IS in Fresno, CA. I mean, here's a guy that's pretty dang successful - a legend of sorts - and he just happens to be sitting next to me. I decided not to bug him and put my iPod on to pass the time. What's that old saying "you never learning anything if you open your mouth", well you never learn anything if you keep it closed either.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Dude.

I mean.....dude.

:D

That would of been one hell of a conversation no matter what it might have entailed. Never know....could of ended up with "Son, I like your style and your car and your in Fresno. Why dont you stop by and we'll tweak around a bit, see if we cant get something done. If you have any friends in Tracy, give them a call and tell them to come down"

Thats pretty cool either way. You fly in the same class as Art Whipple....you big timer, you.

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
.. as in Whipple & McCollough, the funny car racing team from the 1970s?

I'm not too proud to make a fool of myself. I went up to David Clayton Thomas and chatted with him on a flight to Syracuse around 1990. He's the frontman for Blood, Sweat & Tears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts