Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wiper motor is dying in my 68. I'm not sure if it's the original or not. What years/models will work since I would like to get a deal off e-bay? Where else could I look? And can anyone help me with the correct wiring? Someone rewired it and has it running to a switch with only two positions. I have some unused switches too. Can I use a 2-speed motor? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I believe 68 had two wiper motor options. Standard was a two speed non hiding wiper system. Optional was a two speed hide away wiper system. Either could be had with a washer pump. The non hide motor is a square motor the hide away is a round motor. If your car is equipped with non hiding wipers you cannot use the hide away motor without changing the wiper transmission. As far as using a unused switch for the second speed it can be done, the switch grounds to complete the circuit. Two wires grounded for low speed one wire grounded for high speed. I could be wrong but I don't think a single speed wiper motor was available in 68.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know what other years and types of wipers will work? I do not have the hidden wipers. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts