Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have blown a front wheel cylinder and none of the parts stores have the correct one. 1971 chevelle, originally 307 engine, drums all the way around, the ones that came off have diagonal mount holes and an angled brake line hole. The ones the parts stores keep showing me has straight across mount holes and a straight into the rear brake line whole. Cylinder casting number is 29454c. Anyone ever had this problem.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have blown a front wheel cylinder and none of the parts stores have the correct one. 1971 chevelle, originally 307 engine, drums all the way around, the ones that came off have diagonal mount holes and an angled brake line hole. The ones the parts stores keep showing me has straight across mount holes and a straight into the rear brake line whole. Cylinder casting number is 29454c. Anyone ever had this problem.
I think I have (2) what you need. Bendix wheel cylinders w/ diagonal mount holes + angled brake lines. These were bought for a 67 camaro drum front brakes. The casting # is 29453 USA c4 , Bendix # 33587 1 1/8" cylinder.

PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The cylinders the stores are showing you are for the rear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the local junk yard and looked around. I found my cylinders on a couple Nova's. I went back to parts house and had them look up a 70 Nova and it was the exact same thing I had. They crossed it with several years of Chevelle and it didn't match with any of them. I replaced the rubber brake hose also, and they were the same as a Nova. I should have figured as much, This car also has 70 chevelle front fenders and 72 chevelle marker lights, headlights and grille.Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.