• lincoln sp135 plus`

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • millermatic 135

Votes: 31 81.6%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I used/bought a lincoln because it cost less. If you were in the business and was going to be using one regularly then cost would not be your main concern, but a lincoln will work for the occasional panel welder.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm no master welder , but I Tig weld every day at work and have both,, the Miller starts better but the Lincoln seems to carry it better. I would got with the miller,, I hate an ugly start. Tho the Lincoln has a nice Nascar logo on it HEHEHE, wouldn't get it for that tho.

·
Registered
579 Posts
the miller is a better welder, another good welder is the hobart if you are using it for hobby or home use, comercialy i would by the miller.

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
Millermatic 150 here - 14 years & still going strong. Welded everything from a scratch built model A frame with IFS & 4 link to my 1/4's on the Chevelle.

LK

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I think you'll get a lot of brand loyalty answers, but really both are first class welders. I'd get a Miller all things being equal, but if the Lincoln were a little cheaper, I'd get it or Hobart.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a milermatic 150 its a great machine a little sensitive with the .025 wire, but i think thats the nature of that small wire, all things being equal id buy from the most conveint local dealer in case you need supplys or repairs they are always happy to help especially when the machine was bought from them

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
I honestly don't know much about the Lincoln, but I voted for the miller unit because that's what I have & I've been TOTALLY satisfied with it..

Just make sure what you buy has infinite power & wire feed adjustments instead of the A-B-C settings that the less expensive units tend to have..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts