Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a car to get FINALLY, and here I am already obsessing on its mods. And am some time away from picking it up!!
It is an auto (wanted 4sp, but can't have it all)
The set up is this- its a fairly built 502HO with 502/502 cam, and alum. heads, Hooker 2" Supercomp ceramic headers, 2-1/2 inch flow-tubes and cat-back with Flowmaster 3 chamber. 3.31 gears
Motor is at 520 hp or so and 560 or so tque.
It has a TH400 with a TH300 converter (higher). Would this be ok for strip/street?? Or do I need a higher stall to get off the line better?
Thanx,
JG

·
Registered
738 Posts
Jarret, not knowing what the true stall speed is that's currently inside the trans, I'd suggest that you shoot for something no larger than 2,200 to 2,400 rpm stall. That big block makes bookoo's of low-end torque and the need to stall your car any higher would not be helpful at all - in fact it would probably hurt your street manners while cruising around town. Also, because your rear gear is 'fairly' conservative, that type of gear always works better on the street with a milder converter. I 'think' stock TH350 converters stall around the 1,400 rpm range. This is just my opinion, but I would spend the money somewhere else on the car. BTW, nitrous is awefully cheap these days at $400 for 125 horses.
Hope this helps some and best of luck with your new ride 'to be'.

------------------
1970 Malibu - 383 'Fog Fed' Stroker. Houston, Texas...Gold Member #39
Keep America Beautiful - Drive A Brute Force Chevelle!

[This message has been edited by Wes Colby (edited 02-04-2000).]

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to travel half way across the country to look at these cars!!
NOTHIN here in the northeast!! LOL!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thats right Gene,you can never have to many

------------------
Scott Trufant 1967 Malibu 1967 Elcamino and still looking for a 1967 Wagon. Doesn't hurt to have one of each!

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Gene you make me feel much better, I thought I had typed that reply till I saw your name next to the post..time to buy stock in garage doors!

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros

·
Registered
47 Posts
That brings up an interesting topic. I love garages and tools almost as much as my Velle. I would love to see some pictures and specs of other garages out there.
Gene, I agree. I also thought that I was the only one who would rather build a bigger shop than sell a classic. My next shop will be 2 floors 40x80 with multiple lifts. Can you tell I'm single with no kids?

How about it guys, send in some shop pictures!!!!

------------------
1970 Chevelle SS Clone 502-540HP-560ft-lb
1992 Trans Am Conv(4Sale)
1992 Taurus SHO
Please visit my homepage sswinger.home.att.net/
[email protected]
Team Chevelle Member #521, ACES #1994

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.