Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

On my 1970 LS5 Chevelle, the alternator harness came from the passenger side of the car, just behind the battery.

I have also seen alternator harness come from driver's side, and feed behind water pump to get to the alternator on passenger side.

Neither car has air conditioning, both have power steering, and alternators are on passenger side.

Just curious, thanks, Joe.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
My 70 conv, with air, has the the main harness coming from the firewall plug on driver's side along left inner fender to radiator support, across the support, around behind the battery and then over to the alternator. It is original wiring. Complete, unmolested.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, thanks for the replies.

If all SS cars had alternator harness come from passenger side, then I am assuming that all Malibu cars came with alternator wiring from driver's side? I have seen this wiring in reverse on a few cars. Interesting.

On the cars that I have seen, the alternator wiring appeared to be unmolested, original on both SS's and Malibu's.

.......Joe.

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
The only cars I have seen the Alternator harness on the drivers side were 6 cylinder cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.