Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added power steering to my 67 big block. I used a regular pump with out the external tank. I ordered power steering hoses for the 67 and the high pressure one i received was way to long. It was the one they called for a 67 with the stock setup. Will a high presssure hose woiork from a later model chevelle. 69-72.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Take the hose you have to the parts store and compare it to a 66

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,222 Posts
Take the hose you have to the parts store and compare it to a 66
What year do you think this is? A parts store stocking a 54 year old part?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What year do you think this is? A parts store stocking a 54 year old part?
I'm always surprised at what they have. Was banging my head on the wall trying to get a brake cylinder for my 69 Camaro, the one I ordered on line was incorrect even though I had stock drums with original cylinders Spent a bunch of time googling and looking at part numbers and images, finally gave up and headed to the local NAPA with the original in hand. He got the part number off it, cross referenced it, headed to the back and returned with exactly what I needed.

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,222 Posts
Mine has everything I need for my 69. Why get your panties in a wad. Have you tried it?
:cool:
Sorry, I was trying to be sarcastic funny not insulting. My parts stores can get almost anything next day but don't stock much.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Where you live and what parts store you use? I'd take the hose you have and ask them if you can go behind the counter and shop. I do that often and find something that works. May be off of an Impala! My 69 has hydroboost and I had my hoses custom made at Nashville Rubber Gasket. they gave me all the pieces and i took them home and clocked the fittings the way I wanted, took them back and the smashed them together. O'reilly's make hydraulic hoses also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts