Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know which plugs I should use for my car???

355sbc
approx 10:1 compression
srp forged pistons
pink rods
voodo "268" cam
afr 180 heads
rpm air gap intake
750 edelbrock carb

I hear good things about ngk v power, if so, which part number?
afr website says this:

SPARK PLUGS:(14mm x 3/4" gasket) no tapered seat style. For race applications Champion C59YC Autolite 3910 or 51, A/C R41 CXLS & NGK R5672A-9 is a good starting point. For street applications use AC FR3LS, AC 41629, or Champion RC9YC spark plugs or equivalent. Plug selection is of course dictated by many factors including rpm level, compression ratio and type of fuel. All the above plugs are a starting heat range, blowers or nitrous application usually 1 to 2 heat ranges colder. Spark plug gap should be determined by the ignition manufacturer

Any ideas?? Part numbers?? thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
i like to use autolite racing ar 135's, they are shorter than normal so you get extra room around your headers.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Try Autolite # 3924 Extended tip, 14mm, 3/4" reach gasketed plug. I have found these plugs to self clean very well and last a long time. If the 3924 is too cold try the 3925. The 3923 is the coldest plug in this series in case you think you need to go colder (I doubt it).

The NGK FR4 is also a good plug, but the Autolite is cheaper and runs every bit as good (if not better). I think the FR5 would be better for this application (a step hotter than the FR4 I believe)

JMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts