Team Chevelle banner

Which light beer is most worthy? Maybe none of them?

• Bud Light

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Coors Light

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • Miller Light

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Bud Select 55

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Miller 64

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • No light beer for me, only the real thing

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • Pilsners

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Porters

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Pale Ales

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Hefeweizen

Votes: 2 1.9%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
You have some excellent choices there. I selected none,as I could not figure out how to select Pilsner and Porter and Pale Ale. Now I am going for the first beer of the day: Mojo India Pale Ale.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
I choose none of the above.
Not really a beer drinker but ALWAYS have to have a Guinness pint or two when visiting Ireland. :beers:
"Mother's milk"
Totally different than the preservative loaded crap served Stateside.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Guinness and Guinness extra stout. When I can get it, Rouge chocolate from Oregon. If I can see light through it, I don't drink it. I also like Nola Irish Chanel stout.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
The best American beer is Sam Adams with its European taste. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
656 Posts
My preference is Bud Light however I am the most picky beer drinker around. My important citeria is that it has to be cold and the can/bottle be open and will fit in my hand...

·
Registered
729 Posts
^^^You can't go wrong with a Sam Adams, even Sam Adams light!!!^^^ But right now I'm partial to Blue Moon & Fat Tire.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
I picked Pilsner since LeBatt Blue Light wasn't specified, which is my light beer of choice. Oh, YankeeRodder, I can get Rogue at the grocery store by my house. I think the Rogue Nation exports thier good to whoever wants them. I usually only see Dead Guy Ale in the stores here. I happen to play in a band called Rogue, so we naturally like to partake in it.

A Rogue Beer side note, I attended a Helmet concert in October and wore a Rogue brewery tee shirt. I met Page Hamilton after the show who commented on it. I knew he was from Oregon, but me wearing the shirt was a coincidence. He said he grew up in the Rogue Valley and was very familiar with the brewery. Pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
3,600 Posts
Sierra Nevada's Liberty Ale, and Fat Tire of course. Blue Moon is also excellent.
Bristol Golden Ale if your in the UK..
and for all you Guinness lovers...MURHPY'S! (I'm curious if Liam will chime in on this).
Ron

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
and for all you Guinness lovers...MURHPY'S! (I'm curious if Liam will chime in on this).
Liam doesn't drink...ever. :noway:
I've had Murphy's before...Guinness is much better. I've actually done the Guinness tour in Dublin. Huge facility.

·
Registered
301 Posts
There is only one beer worth drinking, "Pliny the Elder" good luck finding it. Once you've tried a Pliny all other beers fall by the wayside

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ya that Rogue Valley beer is pretty good. I am surprised you can get it so far away. Try some Widmer or Bridgeport beer if you can it]
Yes, we get Rouge here but you have to get it at a specially store, like Whole Foods or special order it. It is a little pricey, but worth it. My favorite place to get it Lagers International Ale House on tap. Not every store has it.. Have not seen the other two, but I will keep a look out for them.. Thanks for the suggestion.

There is never a shortage of beer here in New Orleans.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice to know our local beers are being enjoyed everywhere.

Rogue Ales have a brewery at the coast here, Newport under the bridge area. Been there a few times where they serve if fresh from the kegs. Dead guy Ale is pretty good and about 6.5%

My favorite beer maker here is Widmer, good people, great pub and location. If you can find it, try their Broken Halo IPA 6.0%, also Deadlift Imperial Ale, 8.6% wow two of those and your all warm and fuzzy no matter what old man Winter throws at you.

They also make one calledBrothers Reserve, aged in old bourbon barrels. 9.4%
http://www.widmer.com/beer_brothersreserve.aspx

1 - 20 of 51 Posts