Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've actually run the BFG's, Nitto's and the Mickey's...IMHO I would go w/ the MT's. I've gotten the best 60' times w/ them and they are pretty damn stable on the street...as far as tread life...dunno, I usually use them for a single season

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
I've actually run the BFG's, Nitto's and the Mickey's...IMHO I would go w/ the MT's.
I too have ran all three and prefer the M/T ET Street radials. But a close second would be the Nitto 555R. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have run Nittos and street radials and there is no comparison...the MT tires seem to hook consistently and don't need nearly as much heat as the Nittos called for (i.e. burn out). Watched guys in heavy cars at the Street Nats last month run easy 7s on street radials = amazing.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hows the MT's for ride comfort when puttin around on the street and how long will they last if I'm buringing them out all the time? Although, I haven't experienced it for myself I've been told my engine is going to make enough torque that if I stand on in it's going to be like sitting on an ice patch w/o the right tires.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hows the MT's for ride comfort when puttin around on the street and how long will they last if I'm buringing them out all the time?
They ride and handle good on the street. I get about a summers worth out of them. That's putting about 1500 miles on a year, plus going to the track about a dozen times.

As far as getting traction on the street with them, they really aren't much better than a regular radial IMO. You have to remember that a public street isn't full of rubber and traction compound.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with you on the ride/handleing with the MT's...I got about 1500 miles as well with over a dozen passes on them. Plus I tend to paint the roads alot! I have a 454 with around 450hp and 525 fl lbs and 3:70's and I notice a huge difference when I run regular BFG radials on it!

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
I notice a huge difference when I run regular BFG radials on it!
I agree...a huge difference between the TA's and a M/T ET Street radial!
The TA's are useless in the traction dept. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts