Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 chevelle and I'm about to drop a 454 in it; will the edelbrock performer rpm be a good choice? The engine has been rebuilt to stock with the exception of the cam. Also edelbrock warns that the hood will not close with this intake...Does anyone have a 67 with the performer or airgap intake with the stock hood on it?

·
Registered
499 Posts
i have a air gap on my 67 chevelle (454) holley 850 but I had to find a air breather with a drop and it clears the hood by less than 1/2 inch
michael

·
Registered
581 Posts
My 67 has a perfomer on it, 454, 850 holley dp and my set barley clears the hood.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have an airgap sitting on a 950 holley hp and I use the proform aluminum drop base air cleaner and it hits the hood insulation..

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
I run a Performer RPM Air-Gap on my 67 and it clear with the right air cleaner combo. :D

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
I have the Air Gap on my 67, BB, along with the Summit SUM-239433 drop air cleaner. It's dropped 1.188 in. As of right now, I don't know if it will clear. Still building my engine, but I asked the same questions when I started, and was told it will clear

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
I always suggest trying a stock L78 intake. Looks factory, doesn't hurt performance and at least you know for sure that it will fit under the hood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts