Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys- I'm restoring my '66. should i go with a complete replacement from the regular suppliers or consider the "painless wiring"
system-I hear it might be easier for a non-pro. Thanks..

·
Registered
319 Posts
i have no idea what you are talking about but painless and easy sound good to me

·
Premium Member
17,553 Posts
I don't know about the price differences, but I thought the painless harnesses were a do-it-yourself kit, where the customer has to cut the wires to final length and attach the connectors. I am not positive on this.

If you are restoring the car to stock (relatively), I think the replacement harnesses are very easy, especially for a non-pro. All the wires and connectors should be correct, and in the correct location, already attached, and taped as original. Just unplug the old harness and plug in the new. A factory wiring diagram might be helpful.

I think the painless would be more work, but nicer if you are modifying a lot of circuits...

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think painless makes a complete, direct replacement, plug-in for early Chevelles.

------------------
"Once you go RAT, you never go back..."

Tony
1966 SS L78 coupe
1966 SS convertible
1965 Impala convertible
1 wife that has drawn the line...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.