Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the colors are stamped on the back of the dash but i think somebody did a little bit of rewiring or something.

first i can't find the "pink" wire/light for the oil light. second, i have 2 dk blue wires. one with 2 wires (blue and pink) and one with just a blue wire.

now am i correct to assume that the bulbs with 2 wires (pink and color) go to the idiot lights? and that the single wire goes to turn signals, indicators, etc... then would the single dk blue wire be the blinker and the blue and pink be the oil light?

and last, not a light but a plug behind the dash. its a brown socket for a plug like is on the back of the fuel gauge or something, with a yellow wire.l anybody know what this is for? lighter maybe?

sorry this is so long i'm just trying to get things figured out.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
If you go to AutoZone, they have manuals that will cover the electrical for your car. They are only about 15 bucks. Mine has been a life saver. Also, if you don't have one, get an inexpensive Volt Ohm meter. It will save you tons of time.

Dave

------------------
69 Chevelle
454 .030 10.5:1
373 posi
M21 4spd.
12.63 E.T.

"Fire all your guns at once and
Explode into space."
Steppenwolf "Born to be Wild"

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks rob. maybe i can get my dash back together now. was that in the owners manual or the electrical manual dave was talking about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.