Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anyone know which clutch fan would be best on a 468 in a 70, with a 4 row radiator?

Should I just order a "stock" type clutch fan from Original Parts Group / Ausley's / etc.???? Or is there another on the market that would be better for cooling?

Do not want a flex fan or electric.

Many thanks, Joe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was able to go to my local Chevy dealer and get a 70 LS6 clutch and 7 blade fan a couple weeks ago. Price was way cheaper than going to one of the "repro" stores. Moose.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Moose... can you post the part #'s. thanks

Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
The part numbers I got came from Paul Herds "Chevelle SS Restoration Guide". I gave them to my buddy at the Chevy dealer and he came up with #39-3996 for the 7Blade fan, and 15-4309 for the clutch. I can't give you a price 'cause I got them at cost. But it was way cheaper than the reproduction places.

If you take the time and come up with part numbers and go to a good dealership, you'll find that there is a ton of stuff still available from Chevy. For example, I just got two knew sill plates from GM for under 20bucks a piece. I hate to take business away from say our sponsor( I order stuff from them once in awhile) but I would rather save money where and when I can. Moose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.