Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two companies that sell A/C Delete boxes now. American Graffiti, and now Ground Up Restoration parts has one. The American Graffiti says its fiberglass, the Ground up doesn't say. Just wondering if anyone knows which one might be better.
As always, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
There are two companies that sell A/C Delete boxes now. American Graffiti, and now Ground Up Restoration parts has one. The American Graffiti says its fiberglass, the Ground up doesn't say. Just wondering if anyone knows which one might be better.
As always, thanks for the help.
Not sure about Ground Up, however, I have the American Graffiti one, and it works and looks great. I can post photos if you life.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I don't need pictures. I've looked at pictures on american graffities website. Anyone else have any opinions.
BTW - Nice chevelle
Does that box come with gaskats to seal it to the firewall?

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
the A/G box doesn't have a gasket- you'll need to use RTV or something to seal it.

Also I ran into a problem the the A/G box where the lower Drivers side corner of the cover wouldn't sit flush. Not a huge deal, i just put extra rtv in the gap, but it was kind of irritating. If i hadn't read about it here first I might have cracked the cover trying to tighten down that bolt.

I have seen one other local car with the identical problem, and have read about it here as well, so be aware when you are installing.

I would wager that GroundUp is just distributing the A/G boxes.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, i just bought one from ac delete on ebay...it is steel and really nice and heavy duty gauge...i would recommend this, and comes with wiring instuctions. I personally would not go with fiberglass....Movair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts