Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Choices, Choices....

Which would be the safer money?

1.) 69 Chevelle with Paint code 72 (see my other thread). NOM, date correct 1969 camaro or nova 350hp 396. 4 Speed with black bucket interior.

2.) 69 Chevelle Triple black, with a numbers matching 396/325 and th400. Buckets and a console. I havn’t seen the tag on this car so I don’t know if the paint\interior combo is legit.

Both cars are high quality drivers, maybe high 3/ low 2 cars. Both are similarly priced.

So, when you are trying to sell one of these cars in 10 years, which would you rather be trying to explain?

I am partial to both color combos, so driving one over the other would be about the same – they really are both pretty close. The black car is local to me, the orange one is about 2000 miles away, but I am not afraid to cash in some frequent flyer miles and have the orange car shipped.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'd take the original car, hands down ... assuming all else is equal. I think down the road, you'd see that as the best investment also.

Remember ... without the buildsheet, there's no way to document the other car as a 350hp.

I think with repop cowl tags, bs, etc ... matching # cars will be the most definitive "authenticity". Especially on '69s which are stamped by the oil filter.

Value on one, or the other ... I couldn't even guess anymore. Maybe $20k?
Thanks, Neal

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
If you are thinking about purchasing one or the other, I would go with the one you like the best. If there are red flags with either car, I would pass on em both and keep looking. IMHO, the numbers thing is getting to be a joke. When one thinks about how hard these cars were driven over the years, it amazes me that any of them still have their original engine and transmision. Too many of them are being falsefied for the all mighty $$. These day's seeing so many cars and sellers that claim numbers matching makes me want to call BS ! Statistically thinking, there are numbers matching cars, but Think about it, how many 69 SS and 70 LS6 SS cars do you see advertised as numbers cars these day's ? Probably A lot more than was originally produced.
So, I say buy what you like and drive it like you stole it :thumbsup:

-Garry

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Garry - that is one beautiful black 69!!! Are you trying to sway me? lol
Thank You for the compliment.. No, not trying to sway you, I have a love/hate relationship with my black car, it looks great when spotless, but it's impossible to keep it that way, Lol. There are so many colors I like on Chevelles, that I don't think color would be a factor for me unless all else is equal.

-Garry:beers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts