Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 68 chevelle w/ a 327, my edlebrock carb has an electric choke, and my dad said that i should route the choke wire to the alternator. I'm not big on electrics, but there is one thick wire at the top, then two small wires right next to eachother(One is located right above the other)Where shold i put the electric choke wire? This may be a trivial question for you guys but any help woul be great

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Well, hate to argue with someone's Dad 'cause usually they argue with me. Problem with that idea is that the choke will be on all the time. The alternator output is tied to the battery. There's no way to switch it off when the car is off. It will drain the battery if it sits a long time. What you need is a place where it is off when the car is off. If you don't have a HEI distributor wire run, here's 2 suggestions.
1, Run the wire down to a switched terminal on the inside fuseblock.
2, Tie it into the wiper positive wire. Think its a yellow wire. That line is not powered unless the car is on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts