Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In time I´ll be looking for a nice unrestored 66.
I wan´t an original looking car V8, straight body, nice patina on paint, no rust, nice seats. As much original parts in exterior and interior as possible. Nothing special like matching numbers, ss, show car etc just a nice clean old school stock driver.

I have a somewhat bada$$ car now, with lots of mods, nice drivetrain and suspension. Thing is it is pretty rotten, unstraight panels, door gaps all over the place, bad paint, rust in the rear and frame (will take care of the rust in time).

Instead of restoring I´d like to just buy a nice car and use all the parts I have, and switch the drivetrain and suspension between the two cars. And sell my old car as a running but not nice car.

Where would you look for one ?
I look at Ebay all the time, but don´t feel confident buying a car just by a few pics, not ruleing it out though.
Craigslist maybe even less confident in buying a car there.

Any dealers that are recommended and trustworthy ????? (Yeah I know, they don´t grow on trees)

Or any team Chevelle members that I can trust to find me a decent car ? And maybe running small busines with classics ?

Will probably come over and inspect/pick up/pay it in person and combine it with a holiday cruising around a lot. Just not wan´t to come all the way just to find out the car is rotten like the one I have :D

· Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh forgot, what will I have to be expecting to pay for one ?
Nice, clean, no big issues (like needs engine overhaul, missing a fender and stuff, needs interior etc)
V8, low option, th350, 10 bolt. Could do with a inline 6 to.. if everything else is great.

· Registered
274 Posts
I agree 10-15k will find you a real nice solid car.
But being as you are going to be buying from overseas, be VERY careful and don't buy anything without having a third party check the car for you first. Lots of bad stories out there of bondo buckets showing up after 6k in shipping can't just be returned.
There are many experts on here who would be willing to help out for sure. Look for an all original body, not one that's full of aftermarket metal.
Good luck, you are WAY better off buying a solid original car than restoring yours.

· Registered
186 Posts
Speaking from someone who lives in Chicago, you won't find much nice north of the rust belt that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I would suggest Arizona, Texas or southern CA. have had mixed results with Florida. plenty of car nuts in Phoenix though so you should be ok there.

· Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Remi, I'll be glad to scout for you if you find one in my area.

Good luck my friend.

Are you still working on the ba$tard?
Yup, still working like crazy on it to have it finished by 1. May as I have set that date as a deadline for the winterfixxeruppers. Not posting much since some of the stuff happening isn`t great on some of our popular vendours part. Just have a few small things left. Like assembling the engine, painting it, putting it back in, getting springs, shocks, spindles in there, and then minitubbing and adjustings new engine and wheel alignment, and all the other stuff I`ve forgot to fix during the winter LOL. The minitubbing can wait a few weeks though. Wan`t to drive it some too this summer :thumbsup:

I agree 10-15k will find you a real nice solid car.
But being as you are going to be buying from overseas, be VERY careful and don't buy anything without having a third party check the car for you first. Lots of bad stories out there of bondo buckets showing up after 6k in shipping can't just be returned.
There are many experts on here who would be willing to help out for sure. Look for an all original body, not one that's full of aftermarket metal.
Good luck, you are WAY better off buying a solid original car than restoring yours.
I do look on ebay from time to time, seems like a hard job to find a decent car for that price. At least checking out on ebay and here.. Maybe craigslist is better ? Any favourite cities I sh0ould use in my search ?
I do wan`t a nice car, as I do already have a project, it`s needs to have no needs, just be a truly nice car all done. Not mint or show. Sorry if I wasn`t clear on that, But if you guys think I can find a decent car at 10-15 that`s great :)
I have heard all the horrors stories, so if I don`t get anyone to check it out, I`ll come over myself, use it on a vacation and take it home.

Thanks for the advises guys :yes:

· Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That 66 looks great, I love that colour, it´s an original colour right ? Is it called misty blue ? ! I don´t understand the show car thing and then posting up two small pictures of it, but could ask for more of course. Also, all the chrome being new, as we all know what the quality of new parts, especially chrome is nowadays, not a strong selling point to me. Other than that, car is great and something I just might buy if the timing had been right.

· Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any dependable shops I can trust to give accurate information on a car ?
I know, not going to get a super deal, but would be happy with a nice car to an ok price.
Looking around in Norway and Sweden to, usually 15-20 cars for sale so might get lucky here to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.